SeaJUG is an all volunteer effort - which means items such as the website and mailing list are updated as schedules afford. We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. We need suggestions/volunteers for topics! If you'd like to donate your time/skills to the cause, contact Nimret Sandhu.
The Play Framework is a modern web framework, built from the ground up for scalability and developer productivity. In this session, we will look at the suitability and design of the Play Framework in comparision with other modern web development frameworks. Points covered include:
- What is a dynamic language (and does Play make Java dynamic)?
- Stateless web development (and implications for scale)
- Interesting Hibernate & JPA design patterns (and anti-patterns)
- Building & deploying to the cloud (and what does that even mean)?
- What is a web framework, exactly?
- Part demo, part hands-on code review, and part confessional, this session will be a great chance to think about what we build for the web, why we build it, and the future of web development.
Will Iverson has been writing computer software since he was a wee kid. Since then, he has worked for Apple, Symantec, SolutionsIQ, and Slalom, as well as running his own consulting company. He has written four books on software development, as well as several articles and speaking at dozens of conferences. He is the founder of Nukio.com
and a principal with DynacronIS